Monday, June 29, 2009

The Return to Reality...

It's Monday afternoon post-RAAM and most, if not all of us have returned to our "normal" lives. This means sitting behind a desk, programming software, reading depositions, working for "The Mouse" or a whole host of other responsibilities.

The team has been bouncing around an email chain discussing how each individual's return to society has fared thus far and how much we already miss the grueling adventure we all just experienced. The following are Andrew Danly's words and I felt they had to be posted for all to see and read...

"The difficulty in fitting back into our regular lives measures the distance we left them behind last Saturday.

The airy dislocation invokes that of a returning soldier asked to punch a clock and accept 'the customer is always right.' Its a tall order given what we've done and how we did it.

It is extremely difficult to return to that person who was before. I do so only knowing I have made new friends who I admire greatly and hold hope many of us will join forces again in the cauldron of battle.

When we do, many things will require no words because we all know the feeling of sacrificing personal comfort, working as a team and pulling a 3000-mile-long rope as 'effing hard as possible.

It really says something that I can tell a cool story about each and every one of you.

If we do this again next year, I vow to bring the METAL in even heavier doses. I know you will show up ready to do anything to help the team. Knowing this team of warriors lies in wait, makes the task of becoming a peaceful civilian that much easier.

I thank you for that,

Andrew "Metal" Danly, Esq."

Thank you Andrew for your words and thank you to everyone for your time, your energy, your compassion, your commitment, and your friendship.

If you have anything you would like posted on the Blog or the YouTube channel that you'd like everyone to see, but don't have access, please send me an email or give me a call and I'd be happy to get it uploaded for you.

Humbly yours,

Hans Weichhart
Email: hans@hansweichhart.com
Phone: (818) 640-7454

1 comment: